Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Kurnick - Preconstruction work

I've been waiting on the client to get his construction loan in place so that we can start the foundation work. In the meantime, I took the plans into the building department for plan review and to obtain a permit. I also had Duke Power evaluate the power situation. There are two power transformers that my client could tap into, one closer than the other but I wasn't sure if there is a tap-in position available in the closer transformer, luckily there is so we are going to set a temporary power pole next to that transformer and then I will need to call in to inspect the temporary power pole. Once that is approved, we can get a power connection. While we wait on the inspection we will get a jobsite box set up with the permit in place and a port-o-john. Those things need to be in place before the inspection.