Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Word - Rockwork

The client and I discussed the look we both wanted to achieve for the rockwork on the outside of the house and we were on the same page from the very beginning, wanting the rock to look very natural, organic and rustic. The rock I selected is a local stone and not typically used for this application but I wanted a chunky feel and I think my mason's are doing a wonderful job in executing the vision. Dealing with rockwork is not an easy task, especially on this job. As I've mentioned in past entries this particular site is very limited on staging areas and space. Rock needs to be delivered and staged as close to the area that it will be installed as possible, moving rock around the site is not much fun for anyone. Not only do you have to consider the rock pile but also a pile of sand and the pallet of mortar, all should be placed as close to the area that it will be installed if possible.
10/26/2011

10/26/2011